Founded 1969 – Charity Number 1047762
The arms were granted to the Borough on September 8th, 1910.
The ancient sailing ship represents Wallasey’s former importance in the shipping world as in medieval times the town was a serious rival to nearby Liverpool. Surmounting this are three wheat sheaves (or garbs) on a blue field. These are taken from the arms of the Earls of Chester indicating Wallasey’s status in the County, together with the inclusion of the Wirral Horn. The latter is still in existence and is currently in the possession of the Earl of Cromer.
The dolphin and the trident it entwines represent the maritime character of the Borough.
AUDEMUS CUM CAVEMUS translates as ‘We are bold whilst we are cautious,’ which at the time seemed rather appropriate as the town’s elders never shirked any bold policies but at the same time considered all the likely consequences!